Fables of the Borderlands
Treasure of Zadir
Dark Mage of Zadaraq
Rings: All Gold bands (unless otherwise noted) with jewel as indicated;
1. Gold Signet Ring (900 gp)
2. Silver Pearl (120 gp)
3. Aquamarine (300 gp)
4. Blue Sapphire (1200 gp)
5. Red Garnet (130 gp)
6. Rich Purple Corundum (900 gp)
7. Ring of Climbing: continually grants the wearer a +5 competence bonus on Climb checks.
8. Ring of Swimming: This silver ring has a wave pattern etched into the band. It continually grants the wearer a +5 competence bonus on Swim checks.
9. Ring of Counterspells: This ring might seem to be a ring of spell storing upon first examination. However, while it allows a single spell of (level 1 or 2) to be cast into it, that spell cannot be cast out of the ring again. Instead, should that spell ever be cast upon the wearer, the spell is immediately countered, as a counterspell action, requiring no action (or even knowledge) on the wearer’s part. Once so used, the spell cast within the ring is gone. A new spell (or the same one as before) may be placed in it again.
10. Ring of Chameleon Power: As a free action, the wearer of this ring can gain the ability to magically blend in with the surroundings. This provides a +10 competence bonus on her Hide checks. As a standard action, she can also command the ring to utilize the spell disguise self as often as she wants.
Earrings: gold hoops (300 gp)
Rod of the Viper:This rod strikes as a +2 heavy mace. Once per day, upon command, the head of the rod becomes that of an actual serpent for 10 minutes. During this period, any successful strike with the rod deals its usual damage and also poisons the creature hit. The poison deals 1d10 points of Constitution damage immediately (Fortitude DC 14 negates) and another 1d10 points of Constitution damage 1 minute later (Fortitude DC 14 negates). The rod only functions if its possessor is evil.
Brooch of Shielding: This appears to be a piece of silver or gold jewelry used to fasten a cloak or cape. In addition to this mundane task, it can absorb magic missiles of the sort generated by spell or spell-like ability. A brooch can absorb up to 101 points of damage from magic missiles before it melts and becomes useless.